Paris Saint Germain Vs Borussia Dortmund
UEFA Champions League
Date: Wednesday, 11 March 2020
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Parc des Princes (Paris).
The most intriguing tie of the Champions League will take place in France, as PSG will be looking to overcome their defeat in Germany against Borussia Dortmund. The French champions have crashed out too many times in the past at this stage of the competition, and a victory here would be huge for Thomas Tuchel.
Champions League Preview
The Champions League has been the one competition that PSG have been trying to win for the past ten years, and there is a real chance that this year could finally be their opportunity. However, they will first need to get past a vibrant Borussia Dortmund side, who has been performing excellently in the Bundesliga throughout the season.
The German side took advantage in the first leg by claiming a 2-1 advantage. Erling Braut Haaland scored a brace in that victory, while Neymar did pull the visitors level. The Brazilians goal could prove to be vital for the French side, as they only need to win 1-0 to progress.
However, it is incredibly unlikely that Dortmund will not score in this fixture as they have a host of attacking players that can cause problems for the very best sides in world football.
Dortmund comes into this fixture having won their last game 2-1 against Borussia Monchengladbach. Thorgan Hazard and Achraf Hakimi scored the goals in that win, while Jadon Sancho was rested for the Germans. PSG didn’t play over the last weekend due to the coronavirus, which means there last outing was a week ago against Lyon.
The French champions won that cup tie 5-1, with a hat-trick being scored by Kylian Mbaeppe. The other goals were scored by Neymar and Pablo Sarabia. Both sides will be hoping that they can get the win in this fixture, and that will make it an entertaining watch for the neutrals.
PSG vs Borussia Dortmund Head-to-head (h2h)
- The reverse fixture ended in a 2-1 win for Lucien Favre’s men, at home.
- Earlier, these two had clashed in the Europa League, in 2010. Then, both legs ended in draws. The Parisians played out a goalless draw at home, while the German leg ended in a 1-1 draw.
- As such, BVB hold a 100% unbeaten record against this opponent.
PSG Team News
Ander Herrera and Thiago Silva will be missing for the home side, while Colin Dagba is a doubt.
PSG Predicted Starting Line up | 4-2-4
- Goalkeeper:Keylor Navas
- Defenders:Thomas Meunier, Thilo Kehrer, Marquinhos, Juan Bernat
- Midfielders:Marco Verratti, Idrissa Gueye
- Forwards:Neymar, Edinson Cavani, Kylian Mbappe, Pablo Sarabia
Borussia Dortmund Team News
Marco Reus will be missing for the away side, while Thomas Delaney could be set to return.
Borussia Dortmund Predicted Starting Line up | 3-4-3
- Goalkeeper:Roman Burki
- Defenders:Lukasz Piszczek, Mats Hummels, Dan-Axel Zagadou
- Midfielders:Achraf Hakimi, Axel Witsel, Emre Can, Raphael Guerreiro
- Forwards:Jadon Sancho, Erling Haaland, Thorgan Hazard