Manchester City lost on the road the previous match-day against Tottenham. The scoreline was 2-0, in favor of the hosts, and this loss further incremented Liverpool’s chances for the title.
More than that, the fact that Spurs were managed by none other than Jose Mourinho will really have done a number of Pep, as these two are considered to be arch-rivals.
By all means, we can expect a reinvigorated Guardiola, thirsty for the win this Sunday, and this should spell bad news for the guests.
Meanwhile, West Ham were held to a 3-3 draw the prior game week at home. They had to settle for just a point, in spite of having the home advantage, as well as a 2-0 lead at half time.
It was the sixth winless game in a row for the team, and it just invited more pressure on the team, already worried of getting relegated.
Manchester City vs West Ham Prediction
City are the reigning champions of England, and in fact, had delivered the first domestic treble in the history of the country last season. They are also tipped to finish second this EPL season, and on top of that, have the home advantage as well.
On the other hand, West Ham are placed 18th in a table of 20, and are in serious danger of getting the boot, come this summer. They have so far secured a total of 24 points from their 25 fixtures, and are one of the only four teams to have conceded 40+ goals.
Do keep note that City have scored the most number of goals so far in 2019-20. In addition, City are on a ten-match winning run against this opponent, and at this venue, in the last 12 years, disregarding a single game, the Manchester Blues hold a 100% winning record against West Ham.
Taking into account these observations, rightfully count on Manchester City to record a huge victory this Sunday.
Manchester City vs West Ham United TEAM NEWS
- Man City will look to put a tumultuous week off the field behind them as they face West Ham in this rearranged Premier League contest.
- Raheem Sterling will be forced to miss this clash due to a hamstring injury with Pep Guardiola now without both of his left-sided attackers.
- Oleksandr Zinchenko is suspended after two yellow cards in City’s last league outing against Tottenham but Aymeric Laporte could return.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Ederson; Walker, Fernandinho, Laporte, Mendy; De Bruyne, Gundogan, David Silva; Bernardo Silva, Aguero, Mahrez
Unavailable: Sane (Injured), Zinchenko (Suspended), Sterling (Injured)
Doubtful: Laporte (Injured), Mendy (Injured)
- West Ham have failed to win any of their last five matches in the Premier League and face an uphill task to end that run in this game.
- Jarrod Bowen will come into contention for his West Ham debut after his arrival from Championship side Hull City on transfer deadline day.
- The Hammers may be able to call upon Felipe Anderson with the Brazilian nearing a return to fitness following a rib injury.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Fabianski; Fredericks, Diop, Ogbonna, Cresswell; Rice; Snodgrass, Soucek, Noble, Antonio; Haller
Unavailable: Wilshere (Injured)
Doubtful: Felipe Anderson (Injured), Yarmolenko (Injured)