Aston Villa vs Tottenham Hotspur
England- Premier League
Date: Sunday, 16 February 2020
Kick-off at 14:00 UK / 15:00 CET
Venue: Villa Park (Birmingham).
Aston Villa are struggling to keep their consistency this term and after picking up four points in two important games against teams in the bottom half of the table, an inevitable setback came against Bournemouth and continue to describe the season so far for Dean Smith’s men. They must keep looking over their shoulders as two of their closest rivals are only one point behind and a place in the League Cup Final at Wembley will only provide a plaster on an open wound in the all-important domestic league. Another loss against Spurs could make the situation even worse, but there are enough games to turn the season around. A win, on the other hand, could also prove vital to help boost the Villains in their quest and it’s almost impossible to expect anything from the Claret and Blue this season.
Aston Villa vs Tottenham Head to head (h2h)
- Their previous meeting witnessed Tottenham pick up a 3-1 win.
- Three of their past five clashes have featured fewer than 2.5 goals on the charts.
- Both teams have found the back of the net together in half of their last six encounters.
- None of their previous ten games have ended as a tie.
- Tottenham have registered the win nine times in their past ten fixtures. (W-9, D-0, L-1)
Aston Villa Team News
Dean Smith has some major injuries, still, in the form of Wesley, Tom Heaton, and John McGinn. Along with them, Keinan Davis and Jed Steer are out of the picture as well. Ezri Konsa and Danny Drinkwater are not guaranteed to feature, but they look good in their battle for fitness.
Aston Villa Predicted Starting Line up | 3-4-3
- Defenders:Konsa, Mings, Hause
- Midfielders:Guilbert, Nakamba, Luiz, Targett
- Forwards:El Ghazi, Grealish, Samatta
Tottenham Team News
Jose Mourinho remains without the services of main striker Harry Kane and midfielder Moussa Sissoko due to injuries. Gio Lo Celso, Erik Lamela, and Ben Davies are all said to be 50/50 to feature.
Tottenham Predicted Starting Line up |3-5-2
- Defenders:Tanganga, Alderweireld, Vertonghen
- Midfielders:Aurier, Ndombele, Winks, Alli, Sessegnon
- Forwards:Lucas, Son