UFC 247 promises the fans every bit of the nail-biting expectations it is known to give out. With two of the best fighters if the light heavyweight category, both undefeated in the octagon in their careers as yet, the showdown between Jon Jones and Dominick Reyes promises to be a completely fresh, new, and exhilarating experience. While the two-time undisputed champion’s scorecard does show a loss by disqualification and another No Contest, the pound-for-pound king, Jon has to date not been defeated inside the octagon. Similarly, The Devastator, Reyes has not yet been beaten in the octagon. To add to the sheer excitement caused by unpredictability due to similarity, both fighters display familiar results based on the nature of the outcome, i.e., ratios of wins by KOs to submissions to decisions.
UFC 247: Date and UK start time
The UFC main event is all set for Saturday, February 8 and will be held at the 19,000-capacity Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
The early prelims will get underway at 6.15pm ET, which is 11.15pm here in the UK.
Before the main card, the prelims featuring Trevin Giles and Alex Morono and will start at around 1am UK time.
And the main card itself will start at 3am, so expect the ring walks for the main event some time after 4.30am on Sunday.
UFC 247: Full fight card
- Jon Jones vs Dominick Reyes (Light heavyweight title)
- Valentina Shevchenko vs Katlyn Chookagian (Women’s flyweight title)
- Juan Adams vs Justin Tafa (heavyweight)
- Mirsad Bektic vs Dan Ige (featherweight)
- Derrick Lewis vs Ilir Latifi (heavyweight)
- Trevin Giles vs Antonio Arroyo (middleweight)
- Alex Morono vs Kalinn Williams (welterweight)
- Lauren Murphy vs Andrea Lee (women’s flyweight)
- Miles Johns vs Mario Bautista (bantamweight)
- Journey Newson vs Domingo Pilarte (bantamweight)
- Andre Ewell vs Jonathan Martinez (bantamweight)
- Jon Jones to win – 2/9
- Dominick Reyes to win – 10/3